How do I get a “No Passing Zone” on a road?

When it comes to changing the passing zones on county roads, GTCRC follows the guidelines provided by the Michigan Manual of Uniform Traffic Control Devices (MMUTCD).   New driveways, subdivision streets or private roads do not warrant a “no passing zone”.

 To request a passing zone review, click submit an Engineering Inquiry using the Citizen Problem Reporter app here

Show All Answers

1. How are speed limits determined?
2. Can I have a speed limit sign posted on my road?
3. How do I get the speed limit changed on a road?
4. How do I get a “No Passing Zone” on a road?
5. Can I have a “Hidden Driveway” sign installed on the street outside my home?
6. How does GTCRC determine that guardrail is necessary on a road?
7. What should I do when a traffic signal loses power (dark signal)?
8. A stop sign has been damaged or is missing, what do I do?
9. Someone has posted distracting yard signs along the road, will you remove them?
10. I’d like to install a permanent sign in front of my property along the road, is that allowed?